the plottery

Plotter finally working

I tried to get the plotter to work on Linux, but unfortunately this wasn't working. I also tried it on Mac, which also didn't seem to be working. Probably there is something with the cables, I need to figure out if these are the right ones to be able to communicate with the computer and the plotter. I contacted Doeke to have a look on the plotter with me, but therefor I first need to move the plotter to Arnhem.

Update: I had a look with Doeke. I tranpsorted the plotter to Doeke's lab. Sat there everyday this week. It seemed Doeke also didn't know that much of the plotter, therefor I had to figure it out myself. With a loooot of trial and error, I finally managed to set up the right cable and find the correct settings. To not forget the right setting, a list of the setting will follow;

Alt Text

Very first plot!


Alt Text

This is the cable I had to make myself in order for the plotter to work.

Alt Text

Remote - Standalone

Alt Text

Bypass - Off

Alt Text

Handshake mode - XON/XOFF Direct

Alt Text

Duplex - Half

Alt Text

Parity - 8Bits Off

Alt Text

Baud rate - 9600

After having the machine all set up for plotting, I was able to make a first tryout design and do testprints. The design is just two rectangles on top of each other with a hatch fill.

First plot in Inkscape